I am ruthlessly stealing this from my previous journal which is now gone. Come guess a song!
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first few lines from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Mark the ones that have been guessed. (I use because I still have no idea how to strike-through.)
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is ch-ch-cheating!
1. You took my heart and you held it in your mouth, And, with a word all my love came rushing out, And, every whisper, it's the worst, emptied out by a single word..
2. Much as you blame yourself, you can't be blamed for the way that you feel, Had no example of a love, that was even remotely real..
3. Yeah, the sunlight over her skin, Here she comes, The moon high in the distance..
4. I'm running I can't stop myself, I'm running from everyone else, I'm running I'm running, I'm running away from dreams..
5. I stare at my reflection in the mirror, Why am I doing this to myself? Losing my mind on a tiny error..
6. You put it down like New York City, I never sleep, wild like Los Angeles, My fantasy, hotter than Miami..
7. I've paid my dues, Time after time, I've done my sentence, But committed no crime..
8. Do, do you got a first aid kit handy? Do, do you know how to patch up a wound? Tell me..
9. Yesterday I died, tomorrow's bleeding, Fall into your sunlight, The future's open wide beyond believing..
10. Mary, did you know, That your baby boy will one day walk on water? Mary, did you know..
11. I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side, And you can hear it in my accent when I talk..
12. I saw fireworks from the freeway and behind closed eyes I cannot make them go away..
13. Baby, look here at me, Have you ever seen me this way, I've been fumblin' for words, Through the tears and the hurt and the Pain..
14. I threw a wish in the well, Don't ask me, I'll never tell, I looked to you as it fell..
15. Save your twisted enemy, So you might earn forgiveness, You know your whole world is waiting..
16. Today is gonna be the day, That they're gonna throw it back to you, By now you should've somehow..
17. It feels like I want to let it go (go), Show you things I'll never ever show (show), We're burning down the house tonight (tonight)..
18. Find a way, A way to be, You're looking down again, Just let it be..
19. With the sting of the whip on my shoulder, With the salt of my sweat on my brow, Elohim, God on high, Can you hear your people cry..
20. Thus saith the Lord, Since you refuse to free my people, All through the land of Egypt, I send a pestilence and plague, Into your house, into your bed..
21. Let's go to the beach, each, Let's go get away, They say, what they gonna say?..
22. Oh what I would do to have, The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in, Onto the crashing waves..
23. Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear, Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon..
24. I see you over there, so hypnotic, Thinking 'bout what I do to that body, I get you like ooh baby baby..
25. One more depending on a prayer, And we all look away, People pretending everywhere, It's just another day..
There are 2 songs from the same movie, 2 songs from the same TV show and 2 songs from WWE. Several currently or not long ago popular songs. 2 songs of the "good, old times" (both written before the 90ties)(might be more, but two I know for sure).